With the coming technological era, there have been remarkable researches and innovations leading to great devices and smarter systems for the betterment of the people. One of the fields were there have been noticeable innovations is mobile technology. Watches nowadays have become an integral part of people’s lives and the innovation to it is their smartwatches i.e. watches that are capable of performing functions that the normal watches cannot do.
What are Smart watches?
Smart watches can be termed as computers that are wearable in the form of a wristwatch. There are different kinds of smartwatches, some are touch screen ones some are normal watches with smart features. The smartwatches can be connected to your mobile phones and used accordingly with the help of some apps. Some are iOS compatible watch and some are compatible with Android phones. The smartwatches earlier could only perform calculations, digital time telling, game playing and translations. But with new changes and new technology, the smartwatches have become smarter and can now act as a portable media player, Wi-Fi connectivity and FM Radio. A model is known as ‘watch phones’ have mobile cellular functionality like calling. A rechargeable lithium-ion battery is used to power the smartwatch.
Some software may include personal organizers, scheduler creator and digital maps. The devices can communicate with extreme devices such as wireless headsets, sensors and a heads-up display. It supports wireless technologies such as GPS, WI-FI and Bluetooth. Smart watches are advancing, especially their battery capacity design and health-related applications.
What are the features of Smart watch?
One of the features of Smartwatch is in the sports field. Some watches can also serve as displaying maps, GPS watches and recording tracks. With an increasingly competitive market, the manufacturers are trying to add media space. 15% of tech consumers use smartwatches. There are many branded smartwatches available in India. Smart watches are also used as fitness trackers and specially designed watches are there for it.
Which are the best Smart watches available in India 2019?
The list is quite big but the watches that has the edge are:
- Samsung Gear S2 Classic – The design of this particular watch is slim and is made up of stainless steel i.e. has a stainless steel body. It has exceptional design and provides excellent convenience. A round, intuitive interface makes access to features easier, quicker and simpler. It monitors your health by tracking your movement, sleep patterns and heart rates. It is termed to be ideal for fitness fanatics. It has wireless charging feature i.e. just put it over a wireless charging dock. It has a 1Ghz CPU speed.
- Fitbit – It is an activity tracker that is wireless and track your movement i.e. steps taken, quality and quantity of sleep, heart rate and other personal metrics that are involved in fitness. It is noticed and studied that people suffering from obesity if wear this device with some extra standard behavioural interventions results in weight loss that is considerable. There are a number of watches named under Fitbit. Few of them are:
- Fitbit Surge
- Fitbit Charge 3
- Fitbit Versa
The actually if these watches are extremely high and recommended by most. Though few people experienced allergies due to the materials used that was immediately corrected and to further complaints were registered
- Asus ZenWatch – It is Android wear based Smartwatch. An app is provided by the Asus to manage the watch that is called the Asus Zenwatch manager. It is compatible with all the Smartphone running on Android 4.3 or above that shoppers Bluetooth LE. Due to special features, it is callable of receiving voice commands by the user and perform the task. The IP55 certification is given to Asus Zenwatch that certified that it is water resistant. Though it has an always-on display but also have a power key button. Zenwatch and Zenwatch 2 are square shaped but the Zenwatch 3 has a round face i.e. it is a round smartwatch. One unique feature of Zenwatch 3 is that it gets charged to 60% in just 15 minutes.
- Apple Watch – Apple watchers are a line of smartwatches that are developed, designed and marketed by Apple Inc. The basic features include health tracking, fitness tracking and integration with other Apple products. There are four series by now of the Apple watch. All of them have something different than the previous one with different shapes and sizes. It has a touchscreen that is force touch feature. It is charged by inductive charging. There is a power saving mode when the charge is below 10%. High level of water resistivity was introduced with the Apple watch series 2. It runs watchOS and is capable of receiving calls, messages, notification when connected to an iPhone.
Which are the upcoming smartwatches in India?
To list few of the upcoming smartwatches in India, they are
- Ape Watch Series 5
- Google pixel smartwatch
- HTC Halfbeak
- Oneplus watch
With these upcoming smartwatches in India, the market will be very competitive and only best can survive. The users demand more in less money so the company who stands on this criteria is smarter.
Which are the cheapest smartwatches in India?
People want to spend less and get more i.e. more features in less money. So, customers want that they get the best of the smartwatches in minimum money. So these are few of the best cheapest smartwatches:
- Fitbit Versa
- Samsung Gear S2
- Asus Zenwatch 2
What are the software used in smartwatches?
There are different software used in smartwatches, to name them they are:
- Wear OS– It is developed by Google and was previously known as Android Wear.
- Watch OS – It is developed by Apple Inc. and runs on the Apple Watches.
- Tizen – It is a Linux based operating system which is a project within the Linux Foundations. Samsung Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo sand various other watches uses this software.
- Sailfish OS – It is also a Linux based operating system for Sailfish watches.
Smartwatches are rapidly taking over the industry and is in high demand and very well used by the customers. New features and updates made by the companies are remarkable and will enhance their business in the field. From personal to professional use the watches are completely user-friendly.
Do share your views and opinions about smartwatches in comments below and also feel free to question us about any tech related query on INSTAGRAM @techydimension and also follow it to be part of our techfam.